Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me out, I cannot get the brush back that can add/remove background
I need help with re-creating the situation where I can use a brush to add/remove/refine the background pixels after a foreground selection. When I choose brush, I can only brush colors. When I (re-)choose foreground selection, I can see this lasso and can make a selection but I cannot get the magical brush back that can feather the edges and add/remove background. What am I doing wrong. Three hours, I am sorry for this stupid questions, totally stuck.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is either a layer mask (where you paint the opacity of the layer to make pixels opaque or transparent) or the quick mask (where you paint the selection mask to make pixels selected or not for further operations).
The Foreground select tool has its own set of tools, it looks to me like you have completed the foreground selection... then ...don't know. 

Start to finish using the Foreground Selection tool. Duration 3 min 20 seconds

Quote:I need help with re-creating the situation where I can use a brush to add/remove/refine the background pixels after a foreground selection.

Yeah, Foreground Select has completed, you need to use a different method for this. Erase to remove and Clone in 'Registered Mode ` to add

Edit: Suggestions: A couple of post remove back ground options. Turn any selection off.

1) If you still have the saved colour pixels in the transparency then tidy up the edges with the eraser tool. The eraser tool in anti-erase mode can restore the background

example: https://i.imgur.com/T8Nr2Dy.mp4

2) If the transparency has gone (or the saved background pixels gone ) then open the original image and use the clone tool in registered mode to transfer missing pixels back in place.

example: https://i.imgur.com/t5fCcZM.mp4
Guys, thanks so much! So for some reason I thought you could repeat steps of the Foreground Selection at any time, but apparently when done, you can't go back.
The examples are EXACTLY what I needed and also the other comments helped me out a lot, thanks so much for your quick and complete replies, we all have busy lives, so you taking the time to respond is greatly appreciated!
You did use a layer mask (see red square on your screenshot)
Click on that layer mask and use black color to hide and white to reveal/keep with your favorite brush.