Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please make GIMP for Chrome-OS (Pls Tell Dev's)
Hello, my name is Killerdora. 

TL;DR - Please make GIMP for Chrome-OS (As a Chrome Web Store APP)

As you can see by the title, I really want GIMP on Chrome-OS. Why? There used to be Pixlr which worked OK, but then it got littered with ads, so it is not OK anymore. And there is literally NOTHING else. I'm sure there would be a very big market for a good photo-manipulation software on Chrome-OS. I really want GIMP within 1-3 months, but whatever it takes to get it ported to the Chrome-OS environment. I really liked GIMP on Windows, so I'm sure it has gotten much better in 3 years.

Sincerely, Killerdora  Cool
How much RAM and disk in your ChromeOS machine?

ChormeOS machines are typically much "smaller" than other PCs because all the heavy processing is offloaded to the Google servers. Most of them wouln't be able to run Gimp on any picture of significant size.
There is this one, a cloud version,

https://www.rollapp.com/app/gimp

Not tried it, needs a "sign-up". It is Gimp 2.8.22 which is ok. Reviews are a bit 'mixed' Smile

I have an Acer C720 chromebook, 2GB memory 32GB 'ssd' but replaced chromeOS with Bodhi linux. Runs Gimp 2.8.22 which is more suited to the 1366x768 display and computer specs. I think that will apply to a 'cloud' app as well. Gimp runs very well, the display is not wonderful colour-wise, but that applies to many low-end computers.

The other thing to consider for the already stretched Gimp developers is chromebook hardware, The Acer has an intel cpu, some have ARM processors, an addded complication.
Thumbs Up 
3gb - 5 gb ram.