Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin for converting images to g-code for laser engraving
Hello! After following the instruction , the export gcode option does not appear Undecided , i am using Linux lite,gimp2.10 ,python 2.7.17 what is missing?

Idiot! i did not copy the right plugin Cool
Thumbs Up 
i have started to use this plugin for Wood Lazer engraving on Linux , and GRBL , and it seems to work just fine Smile.Thank you.
It's actually the only way i have found to go from raster image to g-Code.Inkscape does not work for me, there is always a problem with the toolbox...not clear!
I will make more testing , and feed back.
(02-07-2019, 06:17 AM)DougCoffland Wrote: OK, thanks for the suggestion. It's available for on github at:

https://github.com/buildbotics/gimp-laser-plugin

I'd be interested to see what people think and open to implementing improvements that are suggested.

I'd like to start by saying that you did a great job.

One update that I'd like to see is a raster image output, where you are only getting the outermost lines of the image, and the inside of the image is left unaltered. I currently export my file to a .png and then open the .png in LaserGRBL to get the raster image.

From there, you could actually do an additional modification to drop the Z axis on multiple passes for folks like me who have a laser engraver and a CNC that both use G-Code files.

I'd gladly pay a registration for something like that.

Thank you again for your work, and I hope to hear back from you.