Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin issue
I was running gimp 2.8 with a script fu mod and a plug-in mod, both ran perfect. Updated to Gimp 2.10.4 and there are still running with no issue. Then I got a new laptop. Installed 2.10.4 again and installed the mossback again but only the script fu worked. Checked all file locations and that gimp was pointing to the right directory location and still wouldn’t work. So uninstalled 2.10 and cleaned the registry, then I install 2.8 and installed plugins and script and it worked great. I then installed 2.10 but again plugin wouldn’t work. 

Running Windows 10 plugin is “add-multiple_guides_plug-mod.py”
URL where I can download this?
Are there menu entries Filter>Python-fu>Console, Filters>Decor>Fog... and Filters>Web>Slice... in your Gimp 2.10?
I got the file originally from the plugin registry but that is long gone. I will post the file here tomorrow and I will also check on the menu entries.
The plugin is here: http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=...=10#p66275

and it works ok in Gimp 2.10.4 flatpak, must be a Windows thing.
Installed just now on samj's 2.10.4 portable pack (Windows 64): it works w/o errors.

It is registered (and you find it) under "<Image>/Image/Guides/Setup Multiple Guides..."
(07-21-2018, 07:28 AM)rich2005 Wrote: The plugin is here: http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=...=10#p66275

and it works ok in Gimp 2.10.4 flatpak, must be a Windows thing.

Another GTK based plugin...

@ J03 Fixi7: If you always set up the same kind of guides, give a shot to my own ofn-preset-guides plugin.
Yes ofnuts plugins is a good choice.

Otherwise, for the add-multiple_guides_plug-mod.py plugin

Sticking #!/usr/bin/env python at the beginning seems to fix matters in Win 10 regular Gimp 2.10.4 (rev1)

screenshot: [Image: sTGRLCS.jpg]

zipped file attached:

Attached Files
.zip   add_multiple_guides_plug-mod.py.zip (Size: 2.12 KB / Downloads: 688)
Where are you guys putting the plugin file location wise?
By the way thank you for all the quick responses   Big Grin
(07-21-2018, 11:36 PM)J03 Fixi7 Wrote: Where are you guys putting the plugin file location wise?

Windows version of Gimp 2.10

Plugins something.py something.exe (+ something.dll that might come with the .exe) go in the user Gimp profile.

C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins