Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin issue
Quote:Where are you guys putting the plugin file location wise?

Quote:Windows version of Gimp 2.10

something.py something.exe(something.dllthat might come with the .exe) go in the user Gimp profile.

C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

That is exactly where I put the plugin and it doesn’t work. I’m wondering if it another issue because I have one windows 10 laptop that ran gimp 2.8 with the plugin then updated to 2.10 and it still worked. But then I got a new laptop and installed 2.10 and added the plugin and it didn’t work. I even went through the steps of deleting 2.10 and cleaner the registry then installed 2.8 added the plugin it worked perfectly, I then upgraded to 2.10 and the plugin doesn’t work, but I have script-fu files that work perfectly throughout all this.
Well that is not a script-fu It is a plugin. If it does not work in your Gimp 2.10 then not much can be done. All I can report is it is working in a Gimp 2.10 here.

There are other plugins around for adding guides, I would look at using one of those
Well thank you for your help, I do understand that it is not a script-fu. I was mearly trying to illustrate that even though it seem i am incompetent with this plugin I am not completely incompetent with this program as I gotten other mods to work fine. I just don’t use it enough to know the ins and outs as well as I should. Thank you for your time and have a good rest of your weekend.

What did you mean in your earlier post to add ‘#!/usr/bin/env python’ at the beginning? Do you mean at the beginning of your .py file or at the beginning of your file path? Sorry for all the questions
Quote:What did you mean in your earlier post to add ‘#!/usr/bin/env python’ at the beginning? Do you mean at the beginning of your .py file or at the beginning of your file path? Sorry for all the questions

It is the "shebang" which tells

quote "#!/usr/bin/env python – Execute using Python by looking up the path to the Python interpreter automatically via env"

It was not there, so I added it, It is in the zipped file I posted.

In Windows 10 64 bit looks like this, the plugin is in the plug-ins folder. https://i.imgur.com/s5YFq0D.jpg

Does it work, it does here: https://i.imgur.com/5RVfnGS.jpg

Possible reasons for not working.

Previous version of Gimp 2.10.x which was (still is?) flakey with the version of python they use. You should be using the latest from gimp.org or Partha's Windows version from http://www.partha.com (64 bit only, uses a different version of python)

32bit Windows where Gimp 2.10 is less than wonderful. Lots of things not working. For 32 bit better going back to Gimp 2.8

Left over files from earlier versions of Gimp. These can conflict with new versions.

Almost the same but easier to check. Gimp 2.10 copies resources from gimp 2.8 profile to the new Gimp 2.10 profile. Not always guaranteed to work.
(07-23-2018, 08:29 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:What did you mean in your earlier post to add ‘#!/usr/bin/env python’ at the beginning? Do you mean at the beginning of your .py file or at the beginning of your file path? Sorry for all the questions

It is the "shebang" which tells

quote "#!/usr/bin/env python – Execute using Python by looking up the path to the Python interpreter automatically via env"
#! /usr/bin/python works just as well in Linux. Using env is a leftover of ancient times when python wasn't always in /usr/bin, and env would scan the PATH for it.