Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scripts do not appear in the specified menu.
Sad 
First it was with the Ofnuts ofn-hatching plugin that does not appear in: '<Image> / Filters / Render / Pattern /'

Today, two other installed scripts have also not appeared in the expected menus;
Rod's script: lizard-breath-v-2.0_RD.scm which should appear in: "<Image> / Script-Fu / Text Effects / lizard-breath";

And the Graechan Snow Cover.scm script that should appear in: "script-fu-snow-cover-alpha" "<Image> / Script-Fu / Alpha-to-Logo"

The only different thing that comes to mind is that to use the new version of the Logo Toolbox script V2.4 and Script-Fu Scrolling Interface V1.1 For GIMP 2.10.20 Win10_64bit it was necessary to install a new version of the script-fu. exe.

If anyone can unravel this mystery, thank you.
Two different problems I think. My plugin was missing a config file so could not initialize.

For the SCM, yes new script-fu.exe is a possible culprit, but you can put back the standard version and see if this fixes the problems with SCMs.
(09-05-2020, 03:32 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Two different problems I think. My plugin was missing a config file so could not initialize.

For the SCM, yes new script-fu.exe is a  possible culprit, but you can put back the standard version and see if this fixes the problems with SCMs.
For now I am using a laptop, without the standard version installed on the USB flash drive, but I will do this check for sure.

Using the same files with Gimp version 2.10.12 (same plugins, scripts and script-fu) I verified that they appear in the expected menus.

Exception for the ofn-hatching plugin, which does not yet appear. But I believe that in this case it is my lack of knowledge on how to register / configure ofn-hatching.json.

Snow Cover.scm appears in the menu and works perfectly.

The lizard-breath-v-2.0_RD.scm appears in the menu, generates error messages and partially executes the script.

"lizard-breath Warning
Error while executing script-fu-lizard-breath:

Error: Procedure execution of plug-in-displace failed on invalid input arguments: Procedure 'plug-in-displace' has been called with value '0' for argument 'displace-type' (# 10, type GimpInt32). This value is out of range.
  GIMP Warning
'Lizard-breath' plug-in left image undo in inconsistent state, closing open undo groups. "

Since I installed a more current version of script-fu (a few days ago) it was the first time that I noticed this problem with the newly installed scripts not appearing in the menus.
The question now is whether other older scripts would not have disappeared from the menus without my realizing it.

I will have to check each of my 66 .scm files if they all keep showing up on the menus or not.

I don't think in the next 12 months I will want to update to any other possible new version of Gimp.
(09-05-2020, 07:05 PM)Krikor Wrote: I don't think in the next 12 months I will want to update to any other possible new version of Gimp.

Maybe try the standard version? So far your problems aren't with Gimp, but with SamJ's Gimp...
(09-05-2020, 08:31 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 07:05 PM)Krikor Wrote: I don't think in the next 12 months I will want to update to any other possible new version of Gimp.

Maybe try the standard version? So far your problems aren't with Gimp, but with SamJ's Gimp...

Following your advice, I unzipped the original Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win.7z just to get the standard script-fu.exe.
Ok, it worked!

The scripts now appear in your menus, and some others that were not working now work well.
But ... the Logo Toolbox window no longer has a vertical scroll bar, which makes it impossible to use the script.

I will research, I remember that once rich2005 indicated a program that runs on win and would be used for that.

Thank you Ofnuts!

P.S:
I already found the information! https://youtu.be/VKVNSarECEo

Now we just need to find Altdrag-1.exe to download.

P.S02:

Altdrag1 installed and working fine.

Thx a lot rich2005!