Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressure sensitivity is not working
I'm using my wacom bamboo tablet, and I can't get the paintbrush tool to respond to the pen's pressure.

I recall on my old computer, I had to actually open GIMP with the pen or else it wouldn't recognize the pen apart from the mouse, for some reason.  But I tried that here and it didn't make a difference.

I tested with microsoft whiteboard and it is responding to the pressure in my pen, but GIMP is not.

Any thoughts here?
Are you using the latest Wacom Windows drivers ? - Always worth checking for updates.

This using my ancient Wacom in linux, so old it no longer works in Windows. Since you had it working in the past you probably know all this, however for other users.

(1) Edit -> Input Devices and if your Wacom stylus does not show there, then you are sunk. 
(2) I find the default curve is not so good, I adjust to something as shown.
(3) In the brush dynamics you need something that uses Pressure. Pressure Opacity / Pressure Size are presets. This has to be set using the stylus. No good using the mouse / touchpad. Gimp keeps separate settings for the different devices.

Other Applications working ? I do not know but maybe using the Windows driver for touch sensitive devices.