Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print double sided using gimp not pdf or gutenprint
1) Gimp is the best tool I can find to print accurately with, all other pdf apps have failed me including windows ones over wine.  I do not want to discuss pdf tools.

2) Gutenprint is problematic for me and I don't want to discuss it as a solution.

3) I noticed that Gimp allows the option to print double sided in this option here

[Image: 5989d5a791d495ee1d4ae827eb9f9903.png]

4) It also allows me to select a range of pages here
[Image: 576QK.png]

5) I expect that this is referring to layers in the gimp document.  I want this to work.  I want to print double sided from Gimp.  The other solutions are problematic and everything leads me back to gimp.  It prints perfectly shrunken and centered and fitted with lovely color and dpi when I import pdf pages.  it is so nice.  I just want this feature to work but every time I print with double sided checked above and page range, It only prints the top layer.

Please explain this to me.

If you want to discuss pdf apps then PM me and if you want to discuss Gutenprint PM me.

If you have a non-cynical working solution for my problem above, please tell me.

Thank you.
Don't hold your breath.

As far as I know, "Print" prints the visible image, which is what people want in 99% of the case. If it were possible to print either the image or distinct layers, there would be an option for that somewhere. Pages are pages, and not layers. If this were a setting for layers, it would be labelled Layers. Notice also that there is nowhere any notion and display of layer numbers in Gimp so what layers 3-5  would be is anyone's guess, especially where there are invisible layers or layer groups.

I cannot find the Two-sided string in the Gimp source code, and any explanation of these print options in the Gimp documentation so I suspect that this tab is just a standard GTK print dialog (the first tab of Gimp's print dialog looks pretty close to the one here), and that there are options in it that Gimp won't use.