Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print issue ?
(05-28-2019, 10:06 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Hopefully you will get more answers. First thing I would do with what you have already printed is determine if the print is actually 830 mm wide. 
Then if an inkjet printer does it impose a 'feed' margin at the end of the print. Is the printer scaling the image 'to-fit'. All unknowns here.

I once had a Canon inkjet that would not print panoramas. Got up to 40 cm on roll paper and stopped there Truncated the image.
I don't print the image myself.. f you need more info what should I ask the guy who prints for me ?
Quote:..We have since printed the same image twice and it is still 3mm short on the right side. ..

You have a print. Is the width actually 830 mm wide? or are you just measuring the margins and assuming the printed area is incorrect.

Does the printer impose margins? often they do.

Even then 3 mm in 830mm is 0.36 % error Ask if the printer prints to 100% accuracy, looks like you are demanding that. A laser printer might, injet maybe.

All questions to answer. I am out of suggestions, leave it to others now.
Reply from printer

>  Printer is Epson Stylus Pro 9880

> The printer does not impose margins, I add whatever margin is required.

> Normally the print is 100% accurate, the A1 yesterday was spot on. Though that is using different paper.

On both prints I have (the original and a reprint) where the issue was spotted. Measured width is 831mm bottom / 832mm top.

I've started again and "automatically scaled up" and will print again and let you know if it resolves it.