Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with paintbrush tool
Hello good people of this wonderful forum,

I have been using gimp for many years with just a mouse and keyboard but recently got a Huion tablet to help me paint.

Since plugging it in and messing with the paintbrush tool I have realized I don't really understand the settings of the paintbrush tool. Using the tablet has changed my paintbrush settings and I do not know how to return them to what I am used to using.

When I draw a line with the paintbrush, with the mouse or the tablet I get a line that is broken up and the size of the line changes depending on the speed I move.

I know this is probably a simple fix, but can anyone help me please?

thank you

Andrew

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's because you have the Dynamics on, (thanks to your screenshot with the right tools/tabs on it)

and this basic dynamic change the size of the brush with the speed in which you move the mouse/pen as well as fading and changing opacity and so depending the pressure you're applying on your pen while drawing

One quick solution is to click on that big button (arrow down with 3 dots above) to open a drop-down menu and select Dynamics off
more about dynamic brushes https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-tool-dynamics.html (that's already a good reading if you use a mouse, it's even more important if you use a tablet)