Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with re-sizing images.
So, I was playing around with gimp, and I thought I would ask the question similar , but yet still different.

Though, I am almost positive the behavior would be the same. (I am at work so I cant test it, and I would forget if I don’t ask out loud  )

If I create a picture that is 1000 x 1000 pixels wide. That is say 300 DPI.

Could I draw square box that is 1.30 x 2.25 inches?

When I am thinking of this, I expect it would suffer all the same problems I was experiencing before so the scaling would be an issue, correct?

As well, if I havent said it before, thanks to all who put in some input. its much appreciated and certainly been a learning curve for me, and I am glad this website exists where people help!

I belong to a groups on facebook, where you hear people complain they left group X because they were belittled for asking questions that were "simple" to some members.
If I create a picture that is  1000 x 1000 pixels wide. That is say 300 DPI. so, a 3.33x3.33"

Could I draw  square box  that is  1.30 x 2.25 inches? Yes, just make it 1.300*300 by 2.25*300=375x675 pixels. Note that with the proper print definition set, many Gimp tools can be asked to work in inches or cm so you don't need to make the conversion yourself. You just have to remember that under the hood, it is still pixels, so dimensions can be rounded to the nearest pixel, and if you change the print definition, the size in pixels will stay  the same so what will change is the print size.

When I am thinking of this, I expect it would suffer all the same problems I was experiencing before so the scaling would be an issue, correct?
If you start your image with the proper print definition, you don't need to scale.

I belong to a groups on facebook, where you hear people complain they left group X because they were belittled for asking questions that were "simple" to some members. You should try StackOverflow (or graphicdesign.stackexchange.com).