Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about painting over a scan
(02-07-2018, 10:37 AM)Delfin93 Wrote: Allright! I googled it, but did not find an understandable answer to the question:
What is a Vector in GIMP?

All good questions. In Gimp a vector line/path is created is created using the paths tool. Path
You can trace out your image in Gimp using the path tool, but not so easy for a beginner Wink So I used a different application to produce that svg file.

Quote:And for what is the attached SVG-File?

The attached SVG is a vector file of the line drawing. Just try opening in Gimp.
The advantage of a SVG (vector) is it can be scaled up (or down) with no loss of quality when you import it

Quote:Okay, I will try it out again with the PlugIn

You have the right approach, try anything and everything. If ofnuts recipe works for you, use it.
The problem as I see it, for printing, your original image is small. Next time scan at 300 ppi
(02-07-2018, 10:53 AM)rich2005 Wrote: All good questions. In Gimp a vector line/path is created is created using the paths tool. Path
You can trace out your image in Gimp using the path tool, but not so easy for a beginner Wink So I used a different application to produce that svg file.

The attached SVG is a vector file of the line drawing. Just try opening in Gimp.
The advantage of a SVG (vector) is it can be scaled up (or down) with no loss of quality when you import it

You have the right approach, try anything and everything. If ofnuts recipe works for you, use it.
The problem as I see it, for printing, your original image is small. Next time scan at 300 ppi

Thanks a lot, also to all the others who helped me getting started!
Worked out pretty well and can't wait to paint much more sketches!