Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random issues occurring
Exclamation 
Hello, this is my first time posting here so sorry if i didn't post this in the right place, but i am having 2 different issues that seem to occur randomly.
1: This only started happening today, but the gradient tool doesn't let me place a point and drag a second to another spot. Is this something i accidentally changed, or is this an issue? I don't remember changing anything related to it.
2: When typing in a text-box, the font selector does not do anything. Yes, i have selected all text in the text box, and i have re-opened gimp many times and it keeps happening. On random days it will decide to work but the next time i go to use gimp the font selector stops working again.

Any help with these issues is much appreciated, thank you all in advance.
(02-22-2023, 08:43 PM)TheUser Wrote: Hello, this is my first time posting here so sorry if i didn't post this in the right place, but i am having 2 different issues that seem to occur randomly.
1: This only started happening today, but the gradient tool doesn't let me place a point and drag a second to another spot. Is this something i accidentally changed, or is this an issue? I don't remember changing anything related to it.
2: When typing in a text-box, the font selector does not do anything. Yes, i have selected all text in the text box, and i have re-opened gimp many times and it keeps happening. On random days it will decide to work but the next time i go to use gimp the font selector stops working again.

1. Do you get a forbidden sign? Have you go a selection active? Can you attacha  screenshot shwoing the layers list and the Tool options
  2. Which font selector?The on in the Tool options or the on-canvas widget above the text? If the Font list Windows > Dockable dialogs > Fonts listing the fonts? How many fonts have you installed?
(02-22-2023, 09:44 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(02-22-2023, 08:43 PM)TheUser Wrote: Hello, this is my first time posting here so sorry if i didn't post this in the right place, but i am having 2 different issues that seem to occur randomly.

1. Do you get a forbidden sign? Have you go a selection active? Can you attacha  screenshot shwoing the layers list and the Tool options
  2. Which font selector?The on in the Tool options or the on-canvas widget above the text? If the Font list Windows > Dockable dialogs > Fonts listing the fonts? How many fonts have you installed?

I do not see any forbidden signs, no. Yes, i selected the text layer in the layers menu.The list of layers isn't relavant, it's working now but it randomly doesn't work. what tool options do you mean?

The one in the tool options, the one on the canvas is just a textbox so it is useless anyways. Yes it lists all of the installed fonts. I don't know, its too many to count and i don't know how to check.
So you are creating a gradient across a text layer? How do you keep the text shape? With a selection or with an alpha-lock?

If you have too many fonts (thousands...) then the list display can become quite slow (because it's sorted).
(02-23-2023, 01:34 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: So you are creating a gradient across  a text layer? How do you keep the text shape? With a selection or with an alpha-lock?

If you have too many fonts (thousands...) then the list display can become quite slow (because it's sorted).

nono, these are two separate issues.

I don't have thousands, the list loads fine.