Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raw Therapee plugin looks odd and is not usable

Hi!

My system is Ubuntu 22.04 with Nvidia graphics.

Gimp itself works fine, but using Rawtherapee plugin in opening DNG pic works not correctly. Plugin open yes, but it gives a message "Gimp_Plugin_info" (ok to dismiss) and after that the plugin looks odd, most graphical elements are replaced by simple black squares end so on. Slide controllers work and I can adjust pic partially. After closing I can see pic nicely in Gimp.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? What is the cure? In my other machine (laptop) everything work nicely. Same software version, but different hardware.

See attached image.

Please!

Ant
(04-11-2024, 02:29 PM)FotoAntti Wrote: Hi!

Gimp itself works fine, but using Rawtherapee plugin in opening DNG pic works not correctly. Plugin open yes, but it gives a message "Gimp_Plugin_info" (ok to dismiss) and after that the plugin looks odd, most graphical elements are replaced by simple black squares end so on. Slide controllers work and I can adjust pic partially. After closing I can see pic nicely in Gimp.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? What is the cure? In my other machine (laptop) everything work nicely. Same software version, but different hardware.

See attached image.

Please!

Ant

What Gimp packaging are you using? I would expect this kind of problems with flatpak/snap.
(04-11-2024, 03:46 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 02:29 PM)FotoAntti Wrote: Hi!

See attached image.

Please!

Ant

What Gimp packaging are you using? I would expect this kind of problems with flatpak/snap.
It is Snap, but as I told the other system works ok. If I open RAW in RawTherapee, it goes nicely to Gimp after adjustments.
just my two euros worth.

The snap version is sandboxed much the same as the flatpak version. IMHO best avoided.

You can get a regular install for Gimp 2.10.36 from https://launchpad.net/~ubuntuhandbook1/+...buntu/gimp

The most recent Darktable link to the Gimp RAW loader plugin was broken until Darktable 4.6.1 Get a regular install (no snap / flatpak / appimage) from https://launchpad.net/~ubuntuhandbook1/+.../darktable