Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real-ESRGAN GUI upscaling
Real-ESRGAN GUI, a graphic interface of Real-ESRGAN an image magnification tool.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/real-es...ui.mirror/
https://github.com/bycloudai/Real-ESRGAN-Windows
A test :
original :

upscaled

Here the download of this file from sourceforge indicated the existence of a serious threat.

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(01-31-2024, 08:52 PM)Krikor Wrote: Here the download of this file from sourceforge indicated the existence of a serious threat.

No problem here. I have Avast Premium on my PC and the download shows no error.   Huh
(02-01-2024, 08:03 AM)denzjos Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 08:52 PM)Krikor Wrote: Here the download of this file from sourceforge indicated the existence of a serious threat.

No problem here. I have Avast Premium on my PC and the download shows no error.   Huh

I don't know if it would be a case of "a false positive" or not, but this time Windows vehemently refused to download this file.

In any case, I found it extremely complex to understand how to install and use this program.
All the language that talks about this Real-ESRGAN is aimed at a more technical audience.
Noobs like me wouldn't have a chance in using it. There is a lack of clarity on how to install it or even use it.
Even for Windows users the instructions are to use console commands. (something that any common Windows user is completely unaware of)

denzjos, luckily your other post here on the forum about Upscayl proved to be very useful.  Wink

I downloaded the desktop version of Upscayl (no login required, no internet, no commands via prompts, no need to install a ton of other files and .dlls), and I've already tested it on some images, with good results.

Thx.
(02-01-2024, 02:16 PM)Krikor Wrote: I don't know if it would be a case of "a false positive" or not, but this time Windows vehemently refused to download this file.

Assuming that's YOUR personal computer...
I don't understand... it's the Microsoft-Windows, your OS, who decides what you are able to download or not? Is it a joke? Huh

While I'm here and as you seem you did not have seen it, I updated my script to save in order you suggested > https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Batch-...5#pid37665 Big Grin
Patrice
Sad 
Yesterday I had posted here a response to PixLab post #5 but I was surprised to discover that there is no trace of my post's existence. It simply evaporated from the forum.

Maybe I forgot to click upload at the end... maybe.  Blush

I'm too lazy to rewrite everything again, so I'll just repost two images that I also posted in this post.

I'm not using windows, thus I don't really understand what you are trying to show me, sure I don't speak Portuguese, but that's not really a barrier (my poor old Spanish helps a bit), the true problem is "what is that" (those screenshots)?
Excluido (excluded) and Falha (fail/ed), thus it refuses to download?

I see Filtros can you chose what type of filters? Maybe change the browser to download, use Fifrefox if you are using the Microsoft's browser, and don't listen "Bing" when you search for Firefox, scroll down below its "warning"

Maybe go to virusTotal and see what it said (I don't really trust those online thing, though)

In the end if OS decides for me what to download or not, I would be so @#$%&*" upset... Big Grin
Patrice
Regarding the images in my previous post, basically the smaller image (left) is Chrome's download history.

In this image you can see that I did not have the right to vote on whether to download or not. The download (realesrgan) was prevented regardless of any action I took.

In the image on the right is the Windows protection history.
It informs the degree of danger of the file that was about to be downloaded, informs the name of the pathogenic agent, warns that the detected trojan executes the commands of an attacker and displays affected items.

But usually I am consulted about whether or not to download a file.
Other times I download it without any warning, but when trying to run it, a query appears as to whether I really want to run that file.

This is the case with what happened today, for example.
I downloaded vokoscreenNG and the downloading went without a hitch.

However, when I went to run the file (.exe) Windows questioned me about the certainty of my action:
Run anyway Or Don't run?

I haven't decided yet LOL  Rolleyes

PS: In the filter, there is a filtering of what will be displayed according to the degree of danger I want to check (All, Severe, etc.)