Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce the stars size
Hi, I think this is the right place to post.

I have this image and I want to reduce the size of the stars, but without the small ones disappearing. I mean, there are stars that are very big and those are the ones that I want to be smaller.

I have been trying several things and the only solution left is to go star by star manually, but before doing that maybe someone knows how to achieve this in a faster way than doing it manually.

Thanks a lot, I hope you can help me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Not so easy because of the small size. You can try:

Scale the image up by 200%
Filters -> Generic -> Erode which grows darker areas shrinking the tiny stars to nothing.
then reverse
Filters -> Generic -> Dilate which grows lighter areas (the larger stars back to original.
then scale the image back. Scale 50%

Which gives this:  

(01-18-2021, 03:14 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Not so easy because of the small size. You can try:

Scale the image up by 200%
Filters -> Generic -> Erode which grows darker areas shrinking the tiny stars to nothing.
then reverse
Filters -> Generic -> Dilate which grows lighter areas (the larger stars back to original.
then scale the image back. Scale 50%

Which gives this:  

Thank you very much rich2005, I was waiting to see if someone else would respond.

It seems that the image you shared is not exactly what I need, but the erode filter is very useful. Surely I have no choice but to modify the image manually but using the erode filter can save me a lot of work.

Thanks again. Smile