Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release candidate #1 for Gimp 2.10 is out!
(03-30-2018, 08:12 AM)rich2005 ,of Wrote: There are going to be plugins and scripts that will not work. The favourite of many, layerfx.py for example.
32 bit compiled plugins will not work. Your beautify plugin? - try and see if it works.
(03-30-2018, 08:31 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: What you can do it put all your scripts/plugins in one or more directories 
! what is that ! gimp without this plugins can not stand I think anyone who says otherwise, is flattered or joking ! i mean what gimp can do without layersfx?! or other scripts ! , i mean if you develop a program should give step forward not  wasting time with sub-features !i know it is the development test version and to solve that just keep the old version! and the final not released  yet! but in the future what will happen!
-
but the logic It is imperative to grant an alternative !  If you do not support some plugins give an alternative! This is not a matter of cynicism and giving orders,It is a constructive criticism, as many will say " hey it is a free software Stop being sarcastic " if you want to develop something, its development brings it better than what preceded this so-called development,
Just installed it and wow, tons of new layermodes !!!

Hard Mix (you can do a clever halftone effect with that one) and a few i only knew from Photoshop: Pin Light, Vivid Light, Linear Burn, Exclusion, etc.
Hopefully the manual will get an update soon too.

iWarp is now a tool called Warp Transform and is on canvas. Very nice !!
On a downside: i can undo it, but it does not appear in the history tab as undoable...

Also the Lanzcos Interpolation method is gone. Instead we got two new ones.
Not sure what to choose.....

The gradient tool is on canvas now and has a new Mode called Truncate, which allows transparency without making a custom gradient.
It seems you have to hit Enter so it rasterizes and is no longer live editable.
Nice !
(03-30-2018, 08:36 AM)unknown7 Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 08:12 AM)rich2005 ,of Wrote: There are going to be plugins and scripts that will not work. The favourite of many, layerfx.py for example.
32 bit compiled plugins will not work. Your beautify plugin? - try and see if it works.
(03-30-2018, 08:31 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: What you can do it put all your scripts/plugins in one or more directories 
! what is that ! gimp without this plugins can not stand I think anyone who says otherwise, is flattered or joking ! i mean what gimp can do without layersfx?! or other scripts ! , i mean if you develop a program should give step forward not  wasting time with sub-features !i know it is the development test version and to solve that just keep the old version! and the final not released  yet! but in the future what will happen!
-
but the logic It is imperative to grant an alternative !  If you do not support some plugins give an alternative! This is not a matter of cynicism and giving orders,It is a constructive criticism, as many will say " hey it is a free software Stop being sarcastic " if you want to develop something, its development brings it better than what preceded this so-called development,
  • I don't see where I said that the scripts/plugins for 2.8 won't work for 2.10. On the contrary, since I suggest that you can put scripts and plugins in directories shared by both versions, that hints that the same code can be used for both.
  • Nobody here develops code for the standard Gimp installs.
  • People who develop Gimp add-ons need time and a reasonably stable version to check that their contributions work with the new Gimp. This is still a "Release Candidate", there will be bug fixes and more release candidates before Gimp 2.10 is deemed good enough to become the "official" version.
(03-30-2018, 09:35 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: ..snip
Also the Lanzcos Interpolation method is gone. Instead we got two new ones.
Not sure what to choose.....

the description is:

LoHalo method: when you downscale an image thats less than a half of the original size

NoHalo method: when you do not reduce the size much (rotate, shear or something)

...and to be honest, you will not see much difference between those and cubic for the majority of images.
(03-30-2018, 10:01 AM)rich2005 Wrote: the description is:

LoHalo method: when you downscale an image thats less than a half of the original size

NoHalo method: when you do not reduce the size much (rotate, shear or something)

...and to be honest, you will not see much difference between those and cubic for the majority of images.

hmm, i had Lanczos as my default, so i guess i will have to set it to NoHalo now
'Expand from center' circle is glitched.

First time it works but second time it doesn't. 'Expand from center' is ticked.
Ok, I have a Gimp 2.10RC1 in a Win 10 (vbox) and I cannot reproduce that.

Assuming the tool is elliptical select.

Many of the actions in Gimp 2.10 are completed by hitting the ENTER key or switching to a different tool. Try hitting the enter key before repeating the selection. (much the same as Gimp 2.8)

The other one is, say using a selection, make the selection, click inside the selection and you move the selection not start another. Click outside the selection to start another. (or again ENTER to fix and start another).

Give a few more details of what you are doing, & might be able to help.
(03-30-2018, 05:32 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Ok, I have a Gimp 2.10RC1 in a Win 10 (vbox) and I cannot reproduce that.

Assuming the tool is elliptical select.

Many of the actions in Gimp 2.10 are completed by hitting the ENTER key or switching to a different tool. Try hitting the enter key before repeating the selection. (much the same as Gimp 2.8)

The other one is, say using a selection, make the selection, click inside the selection and you move the selection not start another. Click outside the selection to start another. (or again ENTER to fix and start another).

Give a few more details of what you are doing, & might be able to help.

I did press enter, than fill circle with color, make another layer, ell tool again but second ell tool didn't expand from center. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I tried all-ways and I can always start a new selection.

This video clip is the real basics and same setting as your screenshot. The only thing you do not show are the layers.

https://youtu.be/xT-rsi_nF3c all of 50 seconds.

Have a look and let me know where we differ in procedures.
Oh, I meant form center of the layer. And now I feel I didn't understand how ellipse tool worked.