Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove selection question
I selected an area of a png black-and-white drawing, then pasted a separate file into it and anchored it, then moved on to other parts of the image. Then I decided I wanted to scale the former pasted image bigger and unfortunately I had already saved it to send to someone, so the Edit menu was wiped out. So I ran the rectangle select over the entire pasted area (and beyond the borders as well), knowing that the existing parts of the drawing would not be wiped out and so was able to erase the pasted area. But when I re-selected the area to re-paste the file, the entire selection I had just made returned (beyond the borders as well) and so the file pastes in those parts outside the area that I want to paste into.

Is there a way to undo this selection and start fresh?

I solved the issue by using Paths. But I'm wondering if there could be another way?
Quote:...I selected an area of a png black-and-white drawing, then pasted a separate file into it and anchored it,...snip...

Workflow and image format.
Don't anchor the floating selection, promote it to a new layer. Use as many layers as required for those other bits of editing.

If you want to make a 'staging point' Make a new layer from visible and work on that.

As you edit, keep saving as a Gimp .xcf image.

When finally complete, still save as an xcf in case of accidents. Then you can export to png or jpeg which will flatten the image to a single layer.