Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove unused devices--how?
I have a few tablets.  One of them I want to use, but the other ones I don't.

In the 'Configure Input Devices' window there is a massive list of devices that I don't intend to use.  It is a mess, but I don't see any way to remove unused devices.

Is there an easy way to clean up the list and keep the device I want?
What OS?
linux mint 18
Maybe.
Disable ~/.gimp-2.8/devicerc by renaming as a bakup, that is where all the settings are stored.

Start Gimp, then Edit -> Input Devices Have a look at what is there, Configure as required, Save, restart Gimp.
Yes, it works. THanks!
Where you 'add' input devices. Is there an option to 'remove' them?
ie. highlight the device name and click on remove.

Smile
You can edit the file mentioned above devicerc, it is a text file and the various device settings are in blocks. So it is possible to be selective. Using Windows you do need a decent text editor.

I reverted to my 'lazy' advice of deleting the file so Gimp can make a new one, getting rid of all redundant tablets.

The correct way is Edit -> Preferences -> Input Devices -> Reset Saved Input Device Settings to Default Values. No way of being selective, it is all or nothing.

That gets back the the basic - Core Pointer - Mouse - TouchPad (if you have one) so it does mean losing any settings that you might use. Then plug your tablet back in, make any adjustments, save the new configuration.