Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reproduce a cover page
Hello !

I am trying to reproduce a cover page, in order to have a clean and crisp effect and replace the one I tore. When printing the copy I own, the image is quite faint with no glow.

Is this feasible or impossible for a beginner?

I tried GIMP, but it's quite complicated to understand.
I put you a piece of the cover page in picture, in order to have an idea

Thanks

[Image: CKwtDQuWcAAOrWc?format=jpg&name=small]
There can be two cases, the first especially with Windows users.

The computer display is too bright (typically a laptop). When you print, the result looks dark compared with the computer display.

More probably for your question is
Some RGB colors that you can see on your monitor (in particular, blue, green and all bright vibrant colors) cannot be printed and/or replicated with standard CMYK inks.

It is possible to display a 'proof' image in Gimp as part of colour management, comparison below, but the topic of colour management is big and not easy.  Looking at your image, the cover of the book was probably commercial 'offset' printed with specific inks for the red and yellow. Not possible to replicate with a regular home inkjet. What sort of paper are you using ? Sometimes you can get a slight improvement using glossy photo inkjet paper.

Thank you for the answer !

Ohh to bad  Sad ! If I go to a simple printing house, it is possible to get closer to the base color ?

In fact, I want to reproduce the image on a white sheet, in order to have : a real white background (the copy that I have, to modify the background color) and remove the spirals that are on the copy

Here is the copy I own :

[Image: xkre.png]

I tried to copy some parts, but it's not clear (white spot) : 

[Image: cadi.png]

I used a plain sheet of paper, thanks for the idea of the glossy paper
Print colour is always inferior to the RGB colour on a good screen. The best we can do is to get as close as possible.

Draw it, export it into CMYK profile and take a sample print. I do not know any other method which can accurately tell us about the difference from the screen RGB colours.
Thank you for your answers  Smile !