Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resizing an eps file.
I am trying learn how to resize eps files in Gimp. I downloaded an eps file described as "a vector in EPS format" Since the file has an eps suffix I assume it is a real eps file. I selected the scale tool and path option but the cursor included a small circle with oblique line which suggests I did something wrong. There was no reaction when the cursor was dragged over the image. Will someone please help.
Gimp is a bitmap editor and AFAIK when Gimp loads an EPS if loads it as a bitmap and there is no path. A way to change the size of the loaded EPS is to change the resolution in the EPS load options.

Otherwise to handle EPS files as vectors you should use a vector editor such as Inkscape, but normally scaling a vector is just changing some scale parameter in it so you can usually scale the EPS on-the-fly without quality loss when you include it in something else.
Many thanks. That answers a few questions. When I first loaded the eps file it automatically opened in another app as a pdf file. I could possibly resize it in that app.