Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy channel from one image to another image.
How can I to copy channel from one image to another image?

I have two images open. In one of them I created channels which I want to use in the second image as well.

How I do:
I select one of the created channels - Channel for selection.
From this selection I create a path - Select - To Path.
In the Paths tab, drag this created path over the thumbnail of the second image.
I open the second image, and now I reverse the operation, select the path and create a channel from that selection.

Is there another, faster and more efficient way to copy channels from one layer to another?

Thank you.
A possible alternative - use "Open as Layers..." to open your second image within the first, then delete the layers of the first image, or make them non-visible.
This should leave your channels intact.

david.
(10-09-2020, 09:48 AM)david Wrote: A possible alternative - use "Open as Layers..." to open your second image within the first, then delete the layers of the first image, or make them non-visible.
This should leave your channels intact.

david.

David, much better following your suggestion.  Idea
It would be nice to be able to copy the channels between the images as I copy the paths.
Thank you!
Make the source image active, open the Channels list, and drag the channel to the canvas of the target image.
This creates a layer in the target, so open the Channels list, and drag any of the R/G/B channels down to the Channels list to copy it. Once done you can remove the layer.

If you want to copy the selection; set both images to quickmask mode, Edit>Copy in source and Edit>Paste in target.
(10-09-2020, 08:21 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Make the source image active, open the Channels list, and drag the channel to the canvas of the target image.
This creates a layer in the target, so open the Channels list, and drag any of the R/G/B channels down to the Channels list to copy it. Once done you can remove the layer.

If you want to copy the selection; set both images to quickmask mode, Edit>Copy in source and Edit>Paste in target.

Quote:
"Make the source image active, open the Channels list, and drag the channel to the canvas of the target image.

This creates a layer in the target"...
I had managed to get to that part, but after creating a layer on the target image with the copy of the channel I was unable to go any further.

Thank you very much Ofnuts!
(10-09-2020, 10:48 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 08:21 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Make the source image active, open the Channels list, and drag the channel to the canvas of the target image.

Quote:
"Make the source image active, open the Channels list, and drag the channel to the canvas of the target image.

This creates a layer in the target"...
I had managed to get to that part, but after creating a layer on the target image with the copy of the channel I was unable to go any further.

There is no Channels list (Windows>Dockable dialogs>Channels) in your Gimp?
(10-10-2020, 11:28 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: There is no Channels list (Windows>Dockable dialogs>Channels) in your Gimp?

I was referring to before seeing the tips here on the forum.

That I had found only part of the solution, but stopped when I pasted the copy onto the layer.

But after your tips everything was clarified.

Sorry for my pitiful English.