Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotate Won't Work
I've been using GIMP for years and had a new hard drive installed, so I just had to download GIMP again.  Now, when I select anything to rotate it, the outline shows as if it's rotating as I change the angles, but the selection does not rotate with it, only the selection box outline rotates, then once I click OK it processes but nothing selected ever rotates.  The selection box does rotate, but nothing that was selected does.   I've even opened a new image with a blank canvas, with only a single layer, and drawn on it, selected it, and same thing, it shows it should be rotating but it doesn't.  I've 'de-selected all' as well in case somehow it selected something, but still the same issue.  Is there something I'm missing here?  Thank you!
(09-12-2023, 07:00 PM)andyman159 Wrote: I've been using GIMP for years and had a new hard drive installed, so I just had to download GIMP again.  Now, when I select anything to rotate it, the outline shows as if it's rotating as I change the angles, but the selection does not rotate with it, only the selection box outline rotates, then once I click OK it processes but nothing selected ever rotates.  The selection box does rotate, but nothing that was selected does.   I've even opened a new image with a blank canvas, with only a single layer, and drawn on it, selected it, and same thing, it shows it should be rotating but it doesn't.  I've 'de-selected all' as well in case somehow it selected something, but still the same issue.  Is there something I'm missing here?  Thank you!

You are possibly in "Corrective" mode, but a screenshot of the Gimp UI with the Tool options dialog visible would help.
(09-12-2023, 07:34 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 07:00 PM)andyman159 Wrote: I've been using GIMP for years and had a new hard drive installed, so I just had to download GIMP again.  Now, when I select anything to rotate it, the outline shows as if it's rotating as I change the angles, but the selection does not rotate with it, only the selection box outline rotates, then once I click OK it processes but nothing selected ever rotates.  The selection box does rotate, but nothing that was selected does.   I've even opened a new image with a blank canvas, with only a single layer, and drawn on it, selected it, and same thing, it shows it should be rotating but it doesn't.  I've 'de-selected all' as well in case somehow it selected something, but still the same issue.  Is there something I'm missing here?  Thank you!

You are possibly in "Corrective" mode, but a screenshot of the Gimp UI with the Tool options dialog visible would help.

Thanks for the reply.  Here's a screenshot with the rotate tool options shown.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Also to avoid getting stuck with unknown settings, see this.