Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotating a selection
Can't figure out what I'm missing here, but I'm selecting just one part of a layer and what to rotate just that (ie. not the entire image or layer); however, after making the selection, the only thing that rotates is the selection outline. The actual image remains unaffected
In the tool options, check the "Transform" options (top row of icons). Your Rotate tool is likely in "Transform selection" mode (second icon) when it should be in "Transform layer" mode (first icon).
(09-04-2020, 06:30 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: In the tool options, check the "Transform" options (top row of icons). Your Rotate tool is likely in "Transform selection" mode (second icon) when it should be in "Transform layer" mode (first icon).

Yup. I thought selecting 'layer' would rotate the entire layer; hence I had it in 'Transform Selection'. That labeling seems rather counter-intuitive then.

Thank you sir
(09-04-2020, 04:00 PM)rmmwilg Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 06:30 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: In the tool options, check the "Transform" options (top row of icons). Your Rotate tool is likely in "Transform selection" mode (second icon) when it should be in "Transform layer" mode (first icon).

Yup. I thought selecting 'layer' would rotate the entire layer; hence I had it in 'Transform Selection'. That labeling seems rather counter-intuitive then.

Thank you sir

The ambiguity of "Selection" that can mean either the "Selection mask" or the "Selected pixels" is all over the place (but seems to exist also in PS).