Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SLOS-GIMPainter
Thanks for the info. I've used Audacity for a number of things over the last dozen years or so. It's great! Time to do a search for Win10 screen recorders. Audio is great, but only for those fluent in listening to a specific (English) dialect. Screen annotations are especially good. I wondered if you used a tablet. I'm developing a case of Wacom lust that's growing continually stronger!
(07-06-2020, 03:43 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:BTW, what app are you using to record?

Adobe Premiere  - only joking Wink  I use linux and ffmpeg from a bash script. Gives a lightly compresed file suitable for editing. For a Windows Demo, it is of a VirtualBox on the desktop.
Code:
ffmpeg -f x11grab -xerror -r 15 -s 1280x720 -i :0.0+144,144 -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 1000k -q:v 5 -bt 256k -y `date +%s`.avi
Then editing in an old version of Avidemux.  Any commentary recorded with Audacity and added to the video. Final export in a more compressed xvid avi format (although most seem to play mp4 easily these days).

I am no artist but I pulled out my 14 year old Wacom tablet and the presets work great.

I use an ffmpeg bash script as well to screen record. I have 4 hotkeys to launch recording with or without audio, and to pause or stop recording. I record lossless, then encode after any cropping/editing that is needed.

I do my final encode with a Thunar action.
Code:
xfce4-terminal --tab --drop-down --title="Encoding Progress" -H -x ffmpeg -i %f -vcodec libx264 -preset slow -crf 18 -acodec libvorbis -qscale:a 5 -pix_fmt yuv420p  /home/akovia/Videos/Screencasts/Encoded/%n

Maybe some other Linux users might find these scripts useful. It was made for my own system, but should be easily modified for other systems. Fairly well commented.

Uses:
  • ffmpeg
  • mkvmerge
  • xdotool
  • Thunar
  • key-mon
  • zenity
  • notify-send

.zip   screencast-scripts.zip (Size: 2.89 KB / Downloads: 182)
SLOS-GIMPainter is a brush package for GIMP 2.10.20 or Later.

Updated on 2021-01-09:
Total: 110 = 102 Brushes + 8 Tools
  • Improvement: 016_Digital-Brush, the smudge effect is more obvious.
  • Add 15 new brush presets. The video demo for details, Here.
Project Address: https://github.com/SenlinOS/SLOS-GIMPainter
SLOS-GIMPainter Stable Version
This is all the brushes, I will not continue to add brushes afterwards.
If the GIMP function is changed in the future, it will be updated at that time.

Updated on 2021-06-17
Total: 115 = 107 Brushes + 8 Tools

https://github.com/SenlinOS/SLOS-GIMPainter