Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(SOLVED) How to I rotate a pasted image to a background?

Hi. I'm a long time 2.8 user but new to 2.10 and having learn some changes. I am using PCLinuxOS 64 with all the recent updates. I have included an image of what I'm trying to do and having trouble with. I want to rotate the cat ever so slightly to the right (not 90 degrees) before I paste it on the background image with the meerkat.  In 2.8 it was simple. All I had to do was to select the rotate tool from the Toolbox window  (which I highlighted in yellow) move the cursor on to the cat and rotate it to how much I wanted. Simple. It appears that now I can't do that. I have read some of the past post and all I can gather is something about having to make a path. 

So can someone explain to a 2.10 dummy in plain English how this is done now. I downloaded a path that might work but again I'm a dummy and don't know exactly how to use it or which folder to put it in to make it work. 

Thanks in advance,
Steve
2.10 works exactly like 2.8. I cannot tell what your problem is because your screenshot is too small (please add a full-scale JPEG). Where is the cat pasted from?

The operation order is:

1. paste the cat (this creates a "floating selection")
  2. rotate/move/scale the cat using the Rotate/Move/Scale tools
  3. Anchor to target layer (although usually it is best transformed into a layer of its own: Layer>To new layer).
(I removed the script because it is unrelated to your problem and this could becomes an obsolete version)
That's exactly what I did. repeatedly, with different backgrounds and layers too. The rotate tool doesn't work. Do you think the program is messed up somehow?. I enlarged the screenshot but this forum won't let me send it full scale. Max size has to be 500MB (so it says) 
I also circled on the program where it says "No path to transform"

Nevermind. I got it. Tool options was set to path. I had to change it to layer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)