Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED - Manually Resizing 2nd Layer Behind 1st
My goal is to create a 1" box with a resized picture in it.  I have a picture of a person whose face I want to fit into that 1" box.  What I have done is create the main layer as a 1" box.  I then made a 2nd layer with the full picture in it.  Only a 1" box of the 2nd layer is seen through the original layer, and that is perfect.  Now I want to grab a corner of the 2nd layer and shrink it until the face on that layer fills the 1" box.

The problem I am having is that I cannot figure out how to grab a corner on the 2nd layer to do this.  I have the option of resizing the 2nd layer, but I need to know exactly what size I want that entire layer to be to do that.

Has anyone figured this out?
If you select that second layer in the layers list, the Scale tool (Scale) will apply to it. Note that by default the preview is fully opaque and may hide the top layer, but there is a slider to control its opacity in the Tool options. You can also use the "Keep aspect" check box (or depress the Control key once you have started resizing) to make sure that the scaling keeps the original aspect ratio of the layer.
Awesome!  Thank you so much.  That seemed to work and allowed me to do what I needed on the fly.