Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need fast help
Hey guys i need help with gimp i m a german guy so when some one answer me i give  you my problem in german

Ich habe vor einen diagonalen strich zu ziehen und in den zwei hälften ein anderes bild einzufügen aber da mann ein gefügte bilder nicht dreieckig hin bekommt oder ich nichht weis wie würde ich mich freuen um hilfe danke im vorraus

Edit: add translation:

I have to draw a diagonal line and in the two halves to insert a different picture but because man does not get a picture attached triangular or I do not know how I would be happy to help thank you in advance
A simple way would be to just have the two images as separate layers, then cut the top one diagonally from corner to corner. So open your first image in gimp, bring in the second as a layer on top (like 'file'-'open as layers' or pasting it into a new layer). Then go to the top layer and cut out the triangle where you want the bottom image to come through (use select tool from corner to corner, then around the rest of the half, then 'cut').
If I understand correctly:
  • Open first picture in Gimp
  • File>Open as>Layers to open the second picture has a new layer
  • Scale/crop/move the two pictures so that they overlap as you wish. Make sur the top layer is the active layer when you are finished.
  • On the top picture: Layer>Transparency>Add alpha channel (if it's grayed out, it means it's already there, so no worry)
  • With the Freehand select tool (:freehandSmile click in three corners of the image to make a triangle selection (don't forget to strike [enter] to commit the selection if you use Gimp 2.10. Setting View>Snap to canvas edges (Alt-Ctrl-E) will help you click exactly on the right spots
  • Edit>Clear or [Delete] to erase the selected triangle in the top picture.

Attached XCF (this is a "compressed" XCF that Gimp will read just fine)(scaled down to keep it under the size limit)

Attached Files
.xcfgz   Trump-Putin.xcfgz (Size: 1.19 MB / Downloads: 183)
ok thanks for the answers but i thought i can take the picture with the move toll where i can do it bigger or smaller and then i can grab just one point and bring it to the middle so i dont need to cut anything so just the picture go smaler to the middle i hope u under stand wha ti mean so when you understand it just tell me if this works
The Move tool doesn't change the size of anything. If what I have done isn't what you want, then post a sample image.