Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same font looks different on linux. Fix?
This is the font on Windows and how I like it, clear and thin:
[Image: vQDXXkR.png]

And this is how it looks on linux:
[Image: s27Yvow.png]

Edit: I'm not sure if it's Arial font as when I change the text to Arial in windows it has different spacing than before. So what is this font? A specific Arial? Why can't I find it's name?

How do I fix it so I looks like in Windows? Hinting and Anti aliasing haven't helped.

(old thread)

I've created this file with gimp before, and now if I open it, the font looks the same at start,
but when I try to edit it it becomes different, see pictures (first is normal, second is after making an edit to the text):
Link in case pictures not working: https://imgur.com/a/sp4eK
[Image: dWXEaE0.png]
[Image: xvJIyC0.png]

It may have happend after installing mscore fonts, but why would it happen? Isn't it the same font anyway? Is san font that comes with Ubuntu different than the one in mscore fonts?

Pls help me solving it as it causes mess in my documents, it takes more space as the font is pretty wider than before.
"Sans" is not really a font, it is the default font used when you ask for Sans Serif. It is mostly a fallback font. It can be anything. On my Ubuntu 16.04, it seems to be "Deja Vu Sans". Maybe these new fonts changed what is "Sans" but you can likely replace it by the actual font.
(09-11-2017, 09:01 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: "Sans" is not really a font, it is the default font used when you ask for Sans Serif. It is mostly a fallback font. It can be anything. On my Ubuntu 16.04, it seems to be "Deja Vu Sans". Maybe these new fonts changed what is "Sans" but you can likely replace it by the actual font.

Thanks for your replay.

I've tried many fonts but no one has looked the same. Neither have "Deja Vu Sans". I would try other fonts but the one I had was good for my work, as it had took less space than other and still looked good. Do you have more ideas why would it happen?