Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save all open files / Reload Script without Restarting
I have many open files (200+?); I really would like to avoid saving 1 at a time.  I found a script that appears to add a 'Save All' option.  I've installed into correct folders. I think I need to refresh scripts (per https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-filte...pt-fu.html); but I am not seeing an option to refresh scripts.  All I have under script-fu menu is "Console" and "Start Server..."

I would appreciate recommendations on how to achieve the goal of saving all those files; getting that refresh scripts function to execute.

*edited to add* I am using GIMP 2.10.24 (revision 3)

(07-14-2022, 06:36 PM)Mark Rock Wrote: I have many open files (200+?); I really would like to avoid saving 1 at a time.  I found a script that appears to add a 'Save All' option.  I've installed into correct folders. I think I need to refresh scripts (per https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-filte...pt-fu.html); but I am not seeing an option to refresh scripts.  All I have under script-fu menu is "Console" and "Start Server..."

I would appreciate recommendations on how to achieve the goal of saving all those files; getting that refresh scripts function to execute.

*edited to add* I am using GIMP 2.10.24 (revision 3)

I ended up clicking through Close all.  So accomplished my immediate need... but I do this to myself a lot.  Would be nice to just autoincrement a file name and save it all in one click.
I have two scripts that fit the description. Both are Saul Goode script-fu and go in your User profile scripts folder
C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts 

Scripts (and plug-ins) are not normally run from the consoles. They contain a registration entry that places them in the menu structure. You can find their menu location using the Gimp menu Help -> Plugin Browser and a search term (save-all might be a good bet)

I have tried both in a Win10 / Gimp 2.10 VM and they both work. Only install one or the other.

sg-save-all-open.scm is old (2006) It could be dangerous, it overwrites existing files. Make sure that is what you want before using it. Find it bottom of the File menu

sg-save-all.scm is a bit more recent (2014) Find it in the Tools Menu and it brings up a dialogue for a save folder and file type. That means you get a copy as a png /jpg / tif It does rename, increment 

Attached, unzip.

Attached Files
.zip   sg-save-all-scripts.zip (Size: 1.76 KB / Downloads: 155)