Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save export settings
Hello,

is there a way to save export settings ?

I always export to WEBP and i always use the same settings. But selecting the different settings (file type, extension, quality etc...) takes more time and clicks, and scrolls than the actual export. So is there a way to save those settings ?

Thanks for your help
(12-05-2023, 07:01 PM)bcourcet Wrote: Hello,

is there a way to save export settings ?

I always export to WEBP and i always use the same settings. But selecting the different settings (file type, extension, quality etc...) takes more time and clicks, and scrolls than the actual export. So is there a way to save those settings ?

Thanks for your help

I can not see any way of setting defaults for webp. I have had a search in case the devs have a feature request but nothing I can find.  So you are probably out of luck.

One way is write yourself a script or a plugin. I have a 'quicksave' python plugin, it normally exports a jpeg (with png alternative)  but easy set to webp export.

Might work with MacOS.  Attached ***just as an example*** It suits me and my workflow. Unzip, put quicksave.py in plug-ins folder.
Snags, the file name is the layer name. so will overwrite earlier files if you do not take care. No error trapping. 

Up to you to set your parameters by editing the file. Registers in the tools menu but that is easy to change.

Attached Files
.zip   quicksave.zip (Size: 748 bytes / Downloads: 26)
XnViewMP is a quick and easy way to batch convert to WEBP. You can have multiple instances open at the same time. One for each of the folders you commonly use.

In Gimp export lossless png to a common folder you use in Gimp and XnView. Then in XnView select the files, right click and select batch convert, select WEBP, choose delete originals if you want, select the settings you want then execute. You can save your export settings.
Go to the top menu Edit > Preferences..., a window opens, go to Image Import & Export, on the right side at Export File Type select WebP Image, then click OK (Maybe restart GIMP if it does not take effect immediately)
You won't have anymore to type the webp extension, or chose webp in the list when you export, because webp will be the default file type from now on.

I also have a scm script that Rich2005 updated for me with webp format (thanks a lot Rich) to save all opened image at once and webp is selected by default.
Inside the script Rich2005 explain the parameters for webp, change them to your liking (they are to mine) and the script will ALWAYS use them without asking anything.

Un-zip and put the .scm in your scripts folder, then you will find it in the top menu File > Export ALL Images As...

.7z   sg-save-all-open-a.scm.7z (Size: 1.53 KB / Downloads: 36)
Patrice
I updated the scm script, because when multiple layers in an image, it was exporting the selected layer only
Now it exports from visible, which is much better for my use  Big Grin

.7z   sg-save-all-open-a.scm.7z (Size: 1.54 KB / Downloads: 43)
Patrice
I thought I saw it somewhere in the Gimp devs postings, just could not find it.

The development Gimp 2.99 Maybe it will be incorporated into 2.10.38

Wow, i wasn't expecting so much replies. Thank you all, i will study each of them.