Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save for Web
Star 
Hi! I cann not install Save for Web on Gimp 2.9.7. My OS is Ubuntu 16.04.

I tryed this with no result:

Quote:./configure

make
sudo make install

I got this message in terminal:

Quote:checking for GIMP... no

configure: error: Package requirements (gimp-2.0 >= 2.3.0 gimpui-2.0 >= 2.3.0) were not met:

Package 'gegl-0.3', required by 'gimp-2.0', not found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GIMP_CFLAGS
and GIMP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

I instaled gegl, repeat and got same result.

I do not know how to solve this problem. Please, help me!
(11-03-2017, 02:20 PM)mara Wrote: Hi! I cann not install Save for Web on Gimp 2.9.7. My OS is Ubuntu 16.04.

I tryed this with no result:

Quote:./configure

make
sudo make install

I got this message in terminal:

Quote:checking for GIMP... no

configure: error: Package requirements (gimp-2.0 >= 2.3.0 gimpui-2.0 >= 2.3.0) were not met:

Package 'gegl-0.3', required by 'gimp-2.0', not found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GIMP_CFLAGS
and GIMP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

I instaled gegl, repeat and got same result.

I do not know how to solve this problem. Please, help me!

If you were compiling a plugin for Gimp 2.8, you would need to install the "development" packages for your dependencies (that would be "libgegl-dev").

If you are compiling for 2.9.7, since I don't see the "dev" packages on the gimp-edge PPA, you have to obtain the GEGL source (GIT pull or download th tarball).

However, if you got Gimp 2.9.7 from the gimp-edge  PPA, I notice that this PPA also has a version of the gimp-plugin-registry, and in 2.8 that package contains  the save-for-web plugin, so unless you want to compile things for fun, that plugin could be easy to install (together with other popular plugins).
First. The save-for-web code is old, best I find is from 2008 for Gimp 2.6
then
It looks like you do not have the necessary 'dev' packages installed.

It does compile in ubuntu 16.04  with the dev packages from the otto-kesselgulasch gimp-edge PPA
autogen.sh complains about 'too new versions' but ./configure then make produces a file. Many warnings on the way. File is attached mainly for interest.

Remember to unzip it.

As mentioned earlier Gimp 2.9.x has a much different format for PNG. So the realistically there is only JPG output. 

screenshot + error messages: https://i.imgur.com/IEqjvHx.jpg

One of the reasons for using save-for-web is the indication of file size. 

You get this in regular Gimp anyway for JPG if Show preview in image window is enabled. Changing quality and Subsampling gives an estimate of file size. So really save-for-web is not needed.

screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/Cvxz9eO.jpg

If you really want webexport for Gimp 2.9.x then you will need to correct the code. More than I can do Wink

Attached Files
.zip   webexport.zip (Size: 180.24 KB / Downloads: 240)
Two threads on the same subject - that had me confused.

One thing to note with Gimp 2.9.x is it supports webp format

https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/

So that image in previous screenshots exported as a '90' (default) quality JPG is 427392B while the 90 quality webp image file is down to 278036B a considerable reduction in size.

Time to move on.
(11-03-2017, 05:09 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: If you were compiling a plugin for Gimp 2.8, you would need to install the "development" packages for your dependencies (that would be "libgegl-dev").
I installed libgegl-dev package and it didn' help.

So I tryed this:

(11-03-2017, 05:09 PM)rich2005 Wrote: You get this in regular Gimp anyway for JPG if Show preview in image window is enabled. Changing quality and Subsampling gives an estimate of file size. So really save-for-web is not needed.

THANKS, Rich2005!!!

(11-03-2017, 05:31 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Two threads on the same subject - that had me confused.

One thing to note with Gimp 2.9.x is it supports webp format

https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/

So that image in previous screenshots exported as a '90' (default) quality JPG is 427392B while the 90 quality webp image file is down to 278036B a considerable reduction in size.

Time to move on.
I agree! But on sites (500px etc) I cann not upload photos in webp format. That's problem, I need jpg for web. Thank you for your help, subsampling is great solution Smile