Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scale drawing
Sometimes I can't increase the scale of the drawing. Whenever I try, the scale gets bigger but the canvas size remains the same. Why is that? It wasn't always that way. Is there a setting so that the canvas size increases when I increase the scale of the drawing?
By increasing the "scale of a drawing", it looks that's the scale of a layer you're increasing, not the whole image.
Which tool are you using to scale up your "drawing"?

What you can do is after increasing your drawing, go to the menu Image ➤ Fit Canvas to Layer, this will resize the canvas at the size of the layer you've just scaled up, allowing you to see/work on the full layer you've just scaled up Wink

Or when you scale your drawing (I don't know which tool you're using) check in the tool option that "Image" is selected (see screenshot below), this scales the whole image with all layers (on a side note, the text will be rasterized (but still editable)).

@Chris64
You do not say which tool you are using so guessing that you are using the scale tool for the resize. Gimp has the option to view the contents of an image outside the canvas size. See what you have View -> Show All More of those dotted line boundry markings red dotted this time for the canvas. If that is ok then Image -> Fit canvas to Layers does what it says.

Always another way: Image -> Scale Image scales the whole thing, canvas / layers /...

examples: https://i.imgur.com/qHxUs8P.mp4