Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scramble a picture
Hi,

I'm looking for an automated way to scramble a batch of images. 

That is, to automate this process on a folder of images:
1. upload an image
2. slice the image into 9 equal pieces (the images are not in the same size)
3. completely shuffle the pieces order (such that upper left must not stay in upper left) without changing the image size
4. save

I found ways to do step 2, but because my images are not in the same size I don't know how to batch it. 
I Particularly struggle with step 3.

Thanks a lot for your help
(10-23-2021, 02:32 PM)S_H Wrote: Hi,

I'm looking for an automated way to scramble a batch of images. 

That is, to automate this process on a folder of images:
1. upload an image
2. slice the image into 9 equal pieces (the images are not in the same size)
3. completely shuffle the pieces order (such that upper left must not stay in upper left) without changing the image size
4. save

I found ways to do step 2, but because my images are not in the same size I don't know how to batch it. 
I Particularly struggle with step 3.

Thanks a lot for your help

Install BIMP (Batch Image Manipulation Plugin) for automated process https://alessandrofrancesconi.it/project...index.html It's a nice GIMP plugin

I know a way to do 3 (completely shuffle the pieces order) Filters ➤ G'MIC-Qt.. then in G'MIC > Arrays and Tiles ➤ Taquin . Relief 0 is important also the "Remove tile = No"
Look at setting below X and Y are not the same to get regular tiles (if you don't have G'MIC plugin ➤ https://gmic.eu )

Then you can do number 2 to slice

To automate that shuffle tiles thing you might be able to do it with BIMP > in the search box input "gmic" than input the command for that (which I do not know it, sorry, but some GF members might help with this one)
BIMP and G'MIC command

As always, before to batch a folder, do it on a spare/copy folder
Thanks!