Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where I can see if Script-Fu function calls "works".
Hi to all.

I have simple question but I'm unable to find answer. Use GIMP 2.99(dev) but question probably is unrelated to version.

How to see error from calls to GIMP functions?

Imagine that I put this (in .scm file or in Script-fu console):

Code:
(script-fu-menu-register "non-existing-stuff" "<Image>/Fictional/Non/Existing/Menu"

Where I see Gimp complaining about this? How to know why my call to for example script-fu-menu-register fails?
If you are on Linux or OSX, you start Gimp in a terminal, and all error messages will appear here. For Windows, there is a gimp-console.exe utility that makes the Gimp console appear in a terminal.
(09-07-2023, 07:24 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: If you are on Linux or OSX, you start Gimp in a terminal, and all error messages will appear here. For Windows, there is a gimp-console.exe utility that makes the Gimp console appear in a terminal.

I thank very much you for your answer. And btw: I found this myself and wanted to write about it that I found answer but your were faster so it point for you!

BTW: I think that errors from scripts should show in script-fu console. This is of course stuff for dev team,and in some way more matter of design that a flaw.