Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search for a font - Rebuilding the font with Gimp
Hello friends,

I'm searching for the font type of the "Sis Jud" at this image.
Or I assume it was designed by photoshop maybe. My firend can't remember for the original file and so I want to build a new same logo as vector grapic.
Do have any idea about the possible font name or the way how I can build it with Gimp?
Thanks very much for your ideas,
Diani

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I had a look for the Sis Jud font but with no success either as a free font or a commercial font. Maybe someone recognises it and has it in their fonts collection.

Do you just want to recreate the whole banner as a vector but essentially the same text and style?

That might be possible in Inkscape.

Changing the actual context as text - do not think so.
There are 2 considerations for the Sis Jud. Firstly, identify the font. Secondly, Sis Jud is not a plain font, but has a 3D decoration on it.

If the font can't be identified it can be traced. In Gimp it can be done with paths. Or the tracing can be done in a vector graphics program like Inkscape. Not too much work.

The 3D decoration can be done in Gimp. But the result would not be exactly the same as the original. Close, but not identical. The rest of the image can be done as a vector, but the Sis Jud with 3D decoration would be bitmap.
(07-27-2018, 05:12 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I had a look for the Sis Jud font but with no success either as a free font or a commercial font. Maybe someone recognises it and has it in their fonts collection.

Do you just want to recreate the whole banner as a vector but essentially the same text and style?

That might be possible in Inkscape.

Changing the actual context as text - do not think so.

No, I need only the logo "Sis Jud" in this three-dimensional representation as shown. Yes, I know for vector graphic will be Inkscape the better tool. But at first I asked for the font type, maybe it is an existing font type. Otherwise I'm looking for a way to design it with Gimp and Inkscape.
(07-28-2018, 08:33 AM)Diani Wrote: I need only the logo "Sis Jud" in this three-dimensional representation as shown.

As usual, more than one way in Gimp. Here are two methods.

Method 1
1) Trace Sis Jud. Either with Gimp paths or with Inkscape. Easier in Inkscape

2) Apply the correct Mauve colour.

3) Apply a bevel. This plug-in works well for bevels
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12269
(Gimp 2.8 version attached)

Method 2
1)  Trace Sis Jud. Either with Gimp paths or with Inkscape. Easier in Inkscape

2) Apply any colour - black will do well

3) Apply Bevel Reflect Logo
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9650

4) Note the following:
Bevel Reflect Logo (BRL) also needs ML Bevel Reflect
A suitable Environment Map is required - in your case with correct mauve colours
This method will take longer to get right than the bevel method from method 1

Attached Files
.zip   gt-bevel.zip (Size: 2.62 KB / Downloads: 155)
It is all in the bump map. Not difficult to trace. I did it double size since original is very small.

Missed the dot on the eye, Bump map needs work but I am late going out to meet old friends.

gimp 2.8 compressed file attached with bump map and path - a starting point for you.  Will open up in Gimp 2.8/2.10

Attached Files
.xcfgz   sis.xcfgz (Size: 74.43 KB / Downloads: 152)
Thanks together to you. I think so I will have enough informations to try out it.
Thanks together to you. I think so I will have enough informations to try out it.
I followed the 2 links to gimp.chat etc. but the links in the resulting pages, to Gimp Scripts for downloading those bevel tools, don't seem to be working. Just got a "Server Not Found" message.
GimpScripts has been down for more than a year. The Owner became very ill and the site has fallen by the wayside.

You can sometimes pick up scripts using the internet archive http://archive.org/web/ which has snapshots of the site.

The sort of things to look out for: https://i.imgur.com/7oPKRfg.jpg

But Blighty attached the gt-bevel script.
There are other links to Bevel-Reflect-logo but it is a bit of a monster, with a couple of other plugins as dependencies. My advice learn the bump-mapping basics first.