Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select all transparency

Knowing an EASY way of selecting all and only transparency areas (like 100% transparency but also e.g. 12% transparency)?

Please see the Attached Picture

BR
T-buch
  • Layer ➤ Transparency ➤ Alpha to selection

• Enter quick mask
  • Colors ➤ Threshold: drag the black handle to the extreme left (0) and the white handle also to the left '(1)

• Exit quick mask
However I don't see the point of doing this... I have the gut feeling that you aren't doing something properly.
Thanks

But this don't get the "semi-transparency" area, only the 100% transparency areas?

But it may be that I do not reproduce your method 1:1 although I have tried to make a meticulous effort Wink

Attached: a sample, with three degrees of transparency 0, approx. 42 and 100% (one layer)

Thanks

But this don't get the "semi-transparency" area, only the 100% transparency areas?

But it may be that I do not reproduce your method 1:1 although I have tried to make a meticulous effort Wink

Attached: a sample, with three degrees of transparency 0, approx. 42 and 100% (one layer)

Attached Files
.xcf   Sample - Transparency (0, 42, 100 procent).xcf (Size: 29.33 KB / Downloads: 54)
(09-30-2023, 03:10 PM)T-buch Wrote: Thanks

Thanks

Sorry, this selects only the fully transparent. For all the transparent plus semi-transparent; just use a different thresholding: Black handle: 0 White handle: 254
You can try the color select tool as well. Click in the transparency to make a selection. Use the 'draw mask' toggle to adjust the threshold as you drag the mouse left to right.  Takes a little practice.

30 second example: https://i.imgur.com/RiddZd1.mp4