Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select tool acting weirdly!
My Magic Wand select tool was acting normally and then suddenly it stopped selecting (none of the settings have changed as far as I can tell). I selected part of an area with the rectangle select and that worked properly, but when I tried to select the rest the Magic Wand did nothing (it's set to "add to selection")--no selection. Then I tried it on a different area that has various parts seen through tree branches hat I need to select and it selected the entire area in a rectangle (as if it were the rectangle select). Any idea what's going on? Obviously there must be some kind of wrong setting but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance!
I do not know.  This is a screenshot - Gimp 2.8 (as your profile states) - a rectangular select followed by fuzzy select in addition mode. These are the default settings. Do you have the + sign against the tool cursor ?

Try resetting the tool options.
Yes, it is in plus. I don't get it. On one area of the same layer the rectangle select worked properly but the fuzzy select in the same area did nothing. But in another part of the same layer it selected the entire area (even though it was broken up by tree branches and leaves). I tried the select by color on this same area and it selected the whole thnig, just like the fuzzy select did.
What are the "Threshold" and "Select by" settings?
Select by is "Composite" and I've tried different threshold values from 5-15.
Can you share the part of the image?