Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text rotation
I can still see an outline of my text in its original position after I rotated it. Can you tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks.
(02-03-2020, 06:01 PM)ttravis Wrote: I can still see an outline of my text in its original position after I rotated it. Can you tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks.

You will need to give some more info. What method are you using to rotate the text? Is your text still a text layer (vector), or has it been converted to bitmap? Attach a screenshot showing your layers dialogue and tool options.
Did you rotate the layer without a selection or did you make an alpha-to-selection on the text before rotating it? If the latter this result is expected, the pixels on the edges are half transparent so are half-selected and some of this isn't moved.

Normally you rotate the text without any selection. If you make a alpha-selection, Select>Grow it by one pixel so that the edge pixels are fully selected.
(02-03-2020, 08:32 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 06:01 PM)ttravis Wrote: I can still see an outline of my text in its original position after I rotated it. Can you tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks.

You will need to give some more info. What method are you using to rotate the text? Is your text still a text layer (vector), or has it been converted to bitmap? Attach a screenshot showing your layers dialogue and tool options.

The text is a text layer. I used the following tutorial: 
wrap text tutorial

I can't attach a screenshot without getting an error message. I am at the last step of the tutorial.
(02-03-2020, 08:51 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Did you rotate the layer without a selection or did you make an alpha-to-selection on the text before rotating it? If the latter this result is expected, the pixels on the edges are half transparent so are half-selected and some of this isn't moved.

Normally you rotate the text without any selection. If you make a alpha-selection, Select>Grow it by one pixel so that the edge pixels are fully selected.

That was the problem--I had a selection. Thank you!!
(02-03-2020, 09:02 PM)ttravis Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 08:32 PM)Blighty Wrote:

The text is a text layer. I used the following tutorial: 
wrap text tutorial

I can't attach a screenshot without getting an error message. I am at the last step of the tutorial.

You would get better results by rotating the path before the bucket-fill step. Rotating a path doesn't damage it in any way. Rotating a bitmap image introduces a bit of blur because pixels are interpolated, and this can be quite noticeable on text.

And if you are into wrapping-text, see this.