Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wavelets denoise
I've just installed the wavelets denoise filter and find it in the Gimp 2.10.12 menu (windows 10) but there seems to be an error because the denoise display is not as it should be.
- plugin files :

- display on Gimp screen :

Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.
Denzjos
That is an old version of wavelet-denoise. Difficult to give an opinion, the settings are not clear, it does look like you have Selected(grey) in force.

However, for Win10, 64 bit there is a more recent version 0.3 compiled by samj.

looks like this. 

attached: Remove what you installed then the usual. Unzip, put wavelet-denoise-64.exe  in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

edit: Have you tried the latest 2.7.0 gmic_gimp_qt ? You do need 2.7.0 and I assume the Win10 version has been updated. There is an excellent (beta) denoise filter and a demo https://discuss.pixls.us/t/preview-of-my...r/13643/10

Attached Files
.zip   wavelet-denoise-64.zip (Size: 31.4 KB / Downloads: 2,221)
Thank you Rich2005 for the quick reply. I'll try it out

Denzjos
I've download the wavelet denoise files and unzipped it. If I try to install it I get the error '.... missing file libgimp-2.0-0.dll....'. Where can I download a reliable version of this dll file and where must a put it ? (c:\windows\system32 ?????)
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
(08-25-2019, 05:14 PM)denzjos Wrote: I've download the wavelet denoise files and unzipped it. If I try to install it I get the error '.... missing file libgimp-2.0-0.dll....'. Where can I download a reliable version of this dll file and where must a put it ? (c:\windows\system32 ?????)
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

That sounds like you are trying to run the plugin from outside  of Gimp. You do not 'install it'

However, give some more information

What version of Gimp? and What version of Windows - Win7 - Win8 - Win10 and 32 bit or 64 bit. - Ah you already did that.

That plugin is 64 bit, will not work on a 32 bit Gimp/Windows unlikely for Win 10

Did you:  Unzip, put wavelet-denoise-64.exe  in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins and run from  the Filters -> Enhance -> Wavelet -denoise entry?
I thought the exe file was an install program (i'm used to windows and it is sometimes difficult to think Gimp-wise Blush ). I've put the file on the folder you mentioned and the wavelet denoise plugin work as it schould be. 
Thanks for the reply. Also thank you for the suggestion to install gmic 2.7.0, the noise filter in test case is working fine.
Denzjos
(08-25-2019, 10:16 AM)rich2005 Wrote: (...) However, for Win10, 64 bit there is a more recent version 0.3 compiled by samj.

looks like this. 

attached: Remove what you installed then the usual. Unzip, put wavelet-denoise-64.exe  in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
At least on first use the plug-in worked well!

Although it is possible to enlarge the window of this plug-in, it did not seem possible to zoom in on specific areas of the image.

Rich2005, thx!