Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selection and canvas bounds?
(06-28-2021, 05:00 AM)PixLab Wrote: ...

In your plugin, you can just tell the user that everything outside the canvas cannot be manipulated, and if they want to manipulate the control points outside the canvas they need to temporarily increase the size of the canvas a bit like this plugin (for the help):

If the user is aware that s/he cannot select the control point outside of the canvas, but s/he can increase the size of the canvas to reach those control point, the user will be happy and should never complain that's it's "not" working Wink

Yes, that is good, I shall do it when I have the time. I know how to put such text in the GUI of a plugin, though I do it differently. Currently it is like this: At the Download page of the plugins there are links to the threads on this forum where the matter is discussed. But you are right, that is not sufficient; it had better be in the GUI. Or perhaps I should also make the plugins to write informative error messages in trouble cases.

The plugins have been around now for a while, containing the bug (now fixed) that would prevent the plugins from running in the trouble cases, and so far there have been no complaints.