Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selection to Path Advanced Settings
I looked this up.
While there is explanation on each setting.
Together, i am overwhelmed by the number of settings and so also clueless on what each setting really does.
And testing each setting is insane because there are so many numbers of combinations.

My question is there a setting such that i can make the selection to path to try to keep details while getting rid of rough edges.
I know the two are kind of contradictory.

Like if you blur, you get smooth selections but you lose detail. Is there away to to keep detail while making clean/smooth selections?

With such many settings, i am hoping that there's a possible combination.
Ofnuts will be the guy for this, however the raster-to-vector converter AutoTrace uses the same parameters, although not as many.

Taking the hint from that, try with the 'corner' settings at minimum values.

This Marley RGB -> Indexed (6 colours) -> RGB and an area colour selected then using default selection to path

This the same selection with the corner setting at minimum - still follows the contour but smoother.

Thanks Rich.
From the doc:
Quote:Holding down the Shift key brings up the Advanced Options dialog, which probably is only useful to GIMP developers.
heheeh "only useful to GIMP developers"?
(09-13-2017, 11:05 PM)trandoductin Wrote: heheeh "only useful to GIMP developers"?

I think the main purpose here is to allow a developer to figure out easily the proper values to hardcode in the algorithm used by the standard version.