Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Separating image into four primary colors
A quick way to achieve this is top open the Channels list and drag one of the RGB channels to the canvas...
@Krikor
Quote:..increasingly difficult to find scripts compatible with gimp 2.10..

Attached a Gimp 2.10 version with deprecated procedures changed.

@Flotsam2000
A lot will depend on your intention. A stencil, hand cut from a piece of paper, to laser cut film.
If the designs are bold, solid colours Gimp might not be the best tool. Inkscape (vector graphics) where solid color objects can be separate might be another way
Edit: and a couple more thoughts.
While you need to know the colour for applying to a stencil, the image to make a stencil can be black and white or even an outline, just something that can be cut out. A colour select then stroke the selection for an outline might do or one of the edge detect filters

Attached Files
.zip   sg-indexed-decompose-210.zip (Size: 1.5 KB / Downloads: 122)
(08-30-2020, 08:39 AM)rich2005 Wrote: @Krikor
Attached a Gimp 2.10 version with deprecated procedures changed.

@rich2005,

I installed the attached version. I clicked to refresh the script in Gimp, but it still gives the exact same message as before.

GIMP Warning
'Indexed Decompose' plug-in left image undo in inconsistent state, closing open undo groups.

GIMP Error
Execution error for 'Indexed Decompose':
Error: (: 1) eval: unbound variable: NO-DITHER

Thank you Rich2005!

PS .: I think I will use version 2.10.12 again.
Using G'MIC version 2.9.2, when I use "GMicQt plugin: Colors / Decompose Channels and set the color base to CMYK and the action to Decompose" my result is not colored as in the image shown by denzjos in post #2

In fact, this is the result I get when using this plugin: ( [G'MIC] Decompose Channels: fx_decompose_channels 10,0,0,0 )
[Image: ZgDOu2u.jpg]
However, using the Separate + plugin I get the colorful result.
[Image: eelee8p.jpg]
Could someone with a version like mine from G'MIC or more current could check what result this plugin generates? Black and white or colorful?

BTW: @rich2005 I am now able to use the script you made available in post #7. This script is very useful! Thank you!