Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shift a range of Grays to a range of Another Color
I set out on the task, as described in the Subject Line, to modify an 8 x 8 -points subject.  I find that I not only misunderstand those methods, but can't even isolate the pixels of interest.

I have some familiarity with Color Mapping, Color Exchange, Rotation, Levels, Colorize, etc.  But I'll be damned if I can operate on ONLY the intended region.

The attached 1) Starting Point shows a Grays 'center dot', which I seek to shift to Greens.

I wish to affect only the region depicted in 2) Intended Selection, selected via Select > By Color.

When 3) Copied, and Pasted as New Image - Alpha blend is evident, which is grand, as the shading is intact.  But so is there a shaded background, which I wish to exclude, as depicted in

4a) But so is background, bleeding through - Untitled, and

4b) But so is background, bleeding through - Untitled.png

– – –

I've a feeling I needn't even extract that center-dot as a separate 'frame' to work in, but that would seem irrelevant –– when I get it shifted to Greens, I'll just paste it back in the Starting Point image.

What is it[s] I'm missing about simply selecting a region, to copy-and-paste, for modification.  Why is the background haunting me, and won't let go?

Also, any hints on the overall objective are warmly welcomed.

– BR

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

I suggest you change your workflow to masking layers.  I'm not totally sure what you are trying to do, but I think using each color as a layer and then using masks is easier to manipulate than trying to select by color and working in another image.

Here is an example of what I mean:

.xcf   example.xcf (Size: 9.75 KB / Downloads: 119)
I just changed the color in the top layer...
(03-20-2021, 10:32 PM)mholder Wrote: I suggest you change your workflow to masking layers.  I'm not totally sure what you are trying to do, but I think using each color as a layer and then using masks is easier to manipulate than trying to select by color and working in another image.

Here is an example of what I mean:

I just changed the color in the top layer...

(produced with ofn-perspective-stack)
Hey that's pretty cool!