Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select hair, again. However, not outside of head!
Hi all. I am close to giving up on this one, and need help from you good people.
I have seen all videos and read all tutorials i can find, but i am still stuck.

A problem with these tutorials are that they use quality images. The one i have been given are most likely been taken with a toaster.
It is about the hairline. I can for the life of me not get a good selection. After trying freehand for i while, i realized that it simply is not good enough, Help!
We can speak about methods, but a method applies depending the image, and there are a bunch of methods to isolate hairs, not all working depending the image.
I mean we need to see your image or at least an exert, can you give an example of that toasted image Wink
Patrice
(01-07-2024, 01:25 PM)PixLab Wrote: We can speak about methods, but a method applies depending the image, and there are a bunch of methods to isolate hairs, not all working depending the image.
I mean we need to see your image or at least an exert, can you give an example of that toasted image Wink

Hi, and thank you for answering!
I thought i had added a picture, but i probably messed it up (i didn't click the add attachment button it seems. I have the dumbs.) 

The green outline of the hair is no problem. The hairline in the red outline is giving me nightmares.
Of cause i can do it manually, but there are 27 pictures ... Augh!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You could try
1. Desaturate (make sure your image is black and white), then using the plugin GMIC-Qt go to Detail and click on Local Variance Normalization, then back in gimp try threshhold to get the distinction you want between the hair and skin. Since her skin is almost the same colour as her hair it may be difficult though. If you can find a happy medium use it for a mask. Depending on what you want to do, too.
Or
2. Again if you have the GMIC-Qt plugin go to Details and use the Mask Creator. Play with the sliders until you get what you want.

Smile
(01-08-2024, 05:39 AM)sallyanne Wrote: You could try
1. Desaturate (make sure your image is black and white), then using the plugin GMIC-Qt go to Detail and click on Local Variance Normalization, then back in gimp try threshhold to get the distinction you want between the hair and skin. Since her skin is almost the same colour as her hair it may be difficult though. If you can find a happy medium use it for a mask. Depending on what you want to do, too.
Or
2. Again if you have the GMIC-Qt plugin go to Details and use the Mask Creator. Play with the sliders until you get what you want.
Thank you for your help!
I will try this at once.