Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solid background
I see your point now, the ink selection by the printer assumes white paper as part of the mix to get say an off white color.

In post #5 the solid square background was removed from the running man so that the underlying color can show through. How was that square "background" removed from that image?

Thanks,

George
(10-05-2019, 08:06 PM)GeorgeG Wrote: In post #5 the solid square background was removed from the running man so that the underlying color can show through. How was that square "background" removed from that image?

I used the Colors > Color To Alpha option, same as @Blighty referred to in post #7.

See here for a tutorial on how to use it.

Just another option for printing is if you reversed your colors and made the background dark and the text light. I think it would be an expensive solution vs white medium to print on, but it would work in a pinch.

Thank you

George
Here is the finished product printed on white gloss vinyl. Thanks again.

George

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On my next label everything is good except that I can't get the background color behind the crown. color to alpha did not work in this case like it did with the running man. Any help is appreciated.

George

.pdf   king of tone.pdf (Size: 97.3 KB / Downloads: 144)

Attached Files
.xcf   king of tone 5.xcf (Size: 157.1 KB / Downloads: 96)
From your XCF file you could try this approach:

Select [activate] the background layer.

Use the EyeDropper tool to select the background layer color as the foreground color.

Select the crown layer.

Bucket-fill the white areas of the crown -- it probably will take 2 or 3 clicks to cover the whole crown area.  Don't click on any black lines of the crown.

EDIT: Or you can try Blighty's suggestion below.
(10-08-2019, 03:14 AM)GeorgeG Wrote: On my next label everything is good except that I can't get the background color behind the crown. color to alpha did not work in this case like it did with the running man.

The crown layer does not have an alpha channel. This is easily seen because the layer name is in bold writing. Right click on the crown layer and then select "Add Alpha Channel". Now you can do Color To Alpha.
(10-08-2019, 04:57 AM)Blighty Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 03:14 AM)GeorgeG Wrote: On my next label everything is good except that I can't get the background color behind the crown. color to alpha did not work in this case like it did with the running man.

The crown layer does not have an alpha channel. This is easily seen because the layer name is in bold writing. Right click on the crown layer and then select "Add Alpha Channel". Now you can do Color To Alpha.

Worked perfectly. Thanks,

George