Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some folders missing icons in dialog boxes
Dear forum members,

I'm having this small annoyance since I'm using Gimp under MacOS (from 2.10.34 to 2.10.38).

In the "File - Open" (or save, or save as) dialog boxes, some of the folders (but not all) have the same plain white icon as the files. It makes them difficult to distinguish (but it doesn't prevent the program from working perfectly).

I'm trying to attach a screenshot, to show better what I'm seeing.

Is there anything I can do about that? Thanks in advance for any advice. BR, Daniel

(05-06-2024, 10:05 AM)dclement Wrote: Dear forum members,

I'm having this small annoyance since I'm using Gimp under MacOS (from 2.10.34 to 2.10.38).

In the "File - Open" (or save, or save as) dialog boxes, some of the folders (but not all) have the same plain white icon as the files. It makes them difficult to distinguish (but it doesn't prevent the program from working perfectly).

I'm trying to attach a screenshot, to show better what I'm seeing.

Is there anything I can do about that? Thanks in advance for any advice. BR, Daniel
Could it be something like:

https://macreports.com/mac-displaying-wr...lders-fix/

rather than a GIMP problem? (Although if it is specific to GIMP the problem might lie in GTK (which GIMP uses for dialogs))
Thanks for the reply! I only just discovered it today--I didn't get any notification, sorry.

The link for troubleshooting is very detailed and I'll do my best to follow it, then come back here and report.

In the meantime, I wish I could compare with another GTK app. (FileZilla?) But, whereas some apps show non-standard (Mac-like) icons in their dialogs, all but Gimp respect the difference between files and folders.

Let me try some of the proposed troubleshooting and come back here with the result.