Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort list in script-fu
Hello, I am trying to make a relatively simple script to aggregate images together using file-glob to browse files.

The problem is that the files are loaded in a seemingly random order and I would need to load the files by alphabetical order.

Is there a way to sort the list returned by the file-glob function? I suppose I could implement my own sorting function in script-fu it should be possible but if something already exists I'd rather just use it.
Possibly. But then in Python that would just be:

Code:
for file in sorted(glob.glob('*.png')):
 # do you stuff here

Seriously, if you are starting, use Python. Simpler and more powerful: in script-fu, your limits are the tiny interpreter that's built-in. In Python, you limits are 1) a vastly more powerful interpreter and its standard libraries and 2) several thousands additional libraries. In addition Python is a very popular languages, many people can help, and you will find other uses for it.

If you want examples see there. For what you are doing, my ofn-tiles script may contain some useful sample code.
(03-20-2018, 10:21 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Possibly. But then in Python that would just be:

Code:
for file in sorted(glob.glob('*.png')):
 # do you stuff here

Seriously, it you are starting, use Python. Simpler and more powerful: in script-fu, your limits are the tiny interpreter that's built-in. In Python, you limits are 1) a vastly more powerful interpreter and its standard libraries and 2) several thousands additional libraries. In addition Python is a very popular languages, many people can help, and you will find other uses for it.

If you want examples  see there. For what you are doing, my ofn-tiles script may contain some useful sample code.
Thank you, Indeed I am starting I was not aware you could use Python, I will look into it Smile