Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
having trouble doing multiple cuts on gimp
i am using gimp and every stupid time i need to cut a new part on the picture it does not cut(when i select the new cut area the rest of the image is gone and only the cut part stays). also when i deselect the cutting tool what i cut out comes back. only thing i can think of out of this simple so simple it pisses me off solution is to save the pic each time i need a new cut

if you need i can upload the project i am working on
We will need a bit more info to determine the problem.
What tool are you using? Crop tool? One of the selection tools?
What are steps you are doing to make the cut?
What are you trying to achieve? Cut a hole in an existing image?
Anything else that is relevant.

Maybe attach a screenshot as well, could maybe detect something in that. (Show layers, tool being used, etc)
i did say multiple cuts and i would think i would be referring to the cutting tool.  i would be hard pressed to make multiple crops within a photo
(03-23-2018, 08:20 PM)gloege Wrote: i did say multiple cuts and i would think i would be referring to the cutting tool.  i would be hard pressed to make multiple crops within a photo

When you say cutting tool it is natural to assume you mean crop tool. Crop

Maybe you mean cutting an area out using one of the selection tools.

Something like this:

[Image: 8WCsrBe.jpg]

Multiple selections require the correct tool option mode. That just makes selections. Then you need some operation such as Edit -> Cut or ctrl-x.

which would give this.

[Image: T9g4Vtf.jpg]

If you want assistance with your project you need to give more and correct information. A screenshot like above often gives most of the clues.
how about scissors because croping is not really pertaining to cutting it just crops the photo
(03-23-2018, 11:21 PM)gloege Wrote: how about scissors because croping is not really pertaining to cutting it just crops the photo

OK, so I assume you are using the Scissors Tool.

But when I read your first post:
Quote:i need to cut a new part on the picture it does not cut(when i select the new cut area the rest of the image is gone and only the cut part stays). also when i deselect the cutting tool what i cut out comes back.
This does not the way the Scissors Tool works. So with the info you have given I cannot even guess what the problem might be.