Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparency
I have treid to make this two images to show  transparency like I was one explained on wow do it, but I cannot get this 2  to show transparency
Nee help with this please
(03-21-2020, 08:44 AM)hendrikbez Wrote: I have treid to make this two images to show  transparency like I was one explained on wow do it, but I cannot get this 2  to show transparency
Nee help with this please

These images are grayscale (only one value per pixel, not the three usual R/G/B) and lack an alpha channel.

The first thing you need is to add the missing alpha channel: Layer>Transparency>Add alpha channel

Then three ways:

#1: Given than the images are strictly black and white (no gray pixels), you can just use the "By Color Selector", click on an either black or white pixels to select that color, and hit [delete].

#2: Set the bucket-fill tool to Color erase mode, and bucket-fill with the color you want to make transparent

#3: Convert the image to RGB (Image>Mode>RGB) and then use the Color>Color to Alpha  (which is likely what you were used to do).

Converting the image to RGB is also an option before/after the first two methods, to export to the more common PNG variant.
Ofnuts, thank you, got it to work with #1